Does Laundry Technology Make You Emotional?

Here's a long piece from the globeandmail.com about washers and dryers that call us up when the load is done. Gee, just what I need... yet another call on my cell phone, and this time it's a machine calling. Do people have so few clothes that they must know immediately the minute the wash is done? Have people so little else to do they can't go vacuum or something and get the laundry later? Note by the way there are 11 comments posted on this piece. Obviously, this whole laundry thing is bigger that I thought. But there's one line in here that really deserves special attention. Here it is: "...this isn't about technology. It's about the emotional impact of the technology," said Tim Woods, an Internet Home Alliance vice-president.
Really? Wash and Dry evolves to Wash and Cry perhaps... perma-press morphs to permanently depressed? C'mon, I've slung my fair share of techno-babble baloney in this life, too, but to say there's an emotional connection to the technology that monitors my dirty underwear in the wash is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home