Wednesday, May 31, 2006

RFID Performance Art?


From this report is it possible to figure out what wired blogs is implying? It falls under their heading of 'Beyond the Beyond,' and quite frankly, I think that may be what they mean: this is over the top; way out there on the fringes of the canvass of life so to speak? But maybe not.

"Bruce,
"I wanted to let you know that I will be performing my latest RFID performance art piece "16 Horsepower" at the next ASK THE ROBOT show, titled "Robot Revival" this upcoming Sunday here in New York... "16 Horsepower is more of an experimental perfomance and relatively short but in July I will be doing a more permanent installation/perfomance event through the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council's Swing Space program in a converted bank lobby with sound artist Jamie Allen. I'm looking forward to really taking over an architectural space and flushing out some of the ideas that aren't translated as well in performance.


For the record, this picture is one of a zillion online you can find if you plug in the image search term 'performance art.' That's rather entertaining in its own right, by the way. This pic does not, as far as I know, have anything to do with the performance mentioned in this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home