R(f)idiculous?

Here from the old country is the newest wrinkle on the RFID protest front: a boycott via a Passport re-ordering campaign seen as one way to avoid having to carry a national identity card. Is this over the top?
I took some time to visit the folks this weekend and have to tell you... these ordinary average people have heard about RFID... they get how it will be helpful. But they also have some average ordinary questions that don't seem too crazy and that the industry has not done a good job of addressing. Here's one.
My neice asks, "Suppose I go to a department store and by some Hanes stockings... then I go to a Hanes outlet store, pick up some on sale items and while checking out I place my shopping bag from the department store on the counter. Isn't it possible I'll get charged again for some of the items I already paid for?"
Being an expert on the matter I said, "Hummuna hummuna...er...ah..."
Can anybody help me out here? How will that work?
Thanks.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home