The New Hampshire State Anti-RFID Movement is Spreading

Spreading. The word always brings to mind things like rashes, wild fires, bird flu...I suppose if I try to put a happy face on it I could think of things like Devil ham?
Come to think of it, pork and politicians kind of go hand in hoof, don't they? But I digress. Here, more to the snout of this issue, is this story about the number of states burning their bacon over RFID.
My favorite guy in this piece is Richard Varn. He's a consultant -- and obviously my kind of ham for the media -- and his bread is buttered by RFID clients. But still, he at least had the pig's knuckles to say something a little... well, my mom would say 'harsh and unkind.'
State legislators have been far too quick to believe "misinformation" spread by "the tinfoil hat crowd," said Richard Varn, a consultant who counts RFID technology manufacturer HID among his clients.
Turns out in a lot of these places, after the flowery legislative pens get done suckling a new law to combat the scourge of RFID, they've practically eliminated the legality of 'Hi My Name Is__' tags. Ooops. Croquettes anyone? Don't raise your hand... just come over and get one when no one's looking because it is no one's business.
Th Th Tha That... That's all folks...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home