Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I'm All Fore This, Aren't You?


In an otherwise even-handed, muted discussion about the benefits of RFID in transport packaging, Clyde E. Witt on the pages of Material Handling Management makes this aside:

...even tags embedded in golf balls to cut down on arguments on the green. (No indication of who'll carry the scanner.) About midway through the story I realized how far ahead of the curve transport packaging is when it comes to practical applications of RFID.

I think he's making the point that RFID in golf balls is a trivial application, yes? I'm no one to judge since I'm not a golfer. For one thing, way up here, the season is usually about two days long in August just after the no-see-em's go away and before the first hard frost. Secondly, even on my the best of days, I could win only after taking about forty practice strokes on my opponent using my driver. Still, it seems RFID would fit golf balls to a Tee?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home