Can you finish this sentence?

This is from an excerpt of a story in the subscriber-only portion of The Wall Street Journal. The Journal gives you a wee bit and then holds out their hand. I shake it, but I ain't about to bake it if you know what I mean. So I figured I'd ask you for help because between us, I bet we can write a better ending to this than the real deal.
A wee bit of background: Some people receving new contactless credit cards are devising their own little protests. Turns out, they can get any card they want if they ask. But demonstrations are more fun... bra burnings and all that.
Now, here's the little piece of the story you get for free... and the piece we get to end ourselves:
When Brenden Walker got his new MasterCard PayPass ATM card in the mail last month, he headed to the gas station to try it out. To test the card's "Tap N Go" convenience, he passed it in front of the scanner, which activated with a beep and displayed the word "authorizing..." on its LCD screen.That was quite enough for Mr. Walker. Without completing the transaction, he put the card down on the ...
Now I was thinking maybe... he put the card down on the driver's seat of his car, doused it with gasoline,and lit it on fire...
But I know you can do way better. Just hit the comments button below, and have a go at telling us what you think Mr. Walker did in protest to the chip inside the card he didn't have to accept.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home