NASCAR's 'Pet' Project: Tires with RFID

First the news: Advanced ID Corporation (OTCBB:AIDO) announced today that it has been collaborating with Goodyear Vehicle Systems to develop and manufacture the RFID tags embedded in the tires used in the 2006 NASCAR season.
Now the Commentary:
This caught my eye because the RFID company mentioned is in what they call the companion animal and biological sciences markets. I can't explain why -- and it probably means I have a terrible charcater flaw -- but that positioning statement makes me laugh out loud even though I own two 'companion animals' of my very own. But it's no joke this 'companion animal' thing. Get this:
Advanced ID Corporation supplies over 3,000 organizations such as animal shelters, veterinarians, breeders, government agencies, universities, zoos, research labs and fisheries with LF RFID devices for companion animals, equines, bovines, llamas, alpacas, ostriches, aquatic species, reptiles, migratory and endangered species. Advanced ID Corporation has implanted LF microchips in over 450,000 animals, currently tracks nearly one million animals in a proprietary pet recovery database, and reunites numerous lost pets with their families each month.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home