Long Live The Bar Code... Some RFID Myths 'Debunked.'

Go here to this link and you'll read one of the best, most articulate discussions of why we at Loftware are so right to have product solutions featuring the option of putting one foot in legacy bar code and the other in the RFID world.
The piece is principally focused on cutting through the nonesense and gobbeldygook of RFID hype so that corporations can more quickly get to the essence of what is and ins't possible and practical. But I want to highlight a section or two here that speaks to the bar code's continued role. For example:
...if your warehouse is reliably scanning bar coded cartons on a conveyor as they are loaded onto a truck, switching this process to RFID doesn’t really buy you anything.
The reality: RFID technology isn’t new. It has been around for the past decade, whereas bar code technology has surpassed three decades. The promise of achieving greater ROI with RFID is not time-sensitive; it is application-dependent.
Lastly, I've used a graphic here that demands attribution but I've misplaced the source. I will find the source and report forthwith not only because it's the right thing to do, but because the site at which this was found has dozens of these artistic renditions of bar codes. They're tremendous.
Oops! Here it is. LoosePixels. This is the Link.
Check out their barcode from hell!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home